Monday, August 13, 2007
Receiving alot of messages recently, and I'm not exactly happy about it. XD I would be, but I can hardly smile. It's not that I'm being over something so petty. It's just that I'm in the brink of going insane over these annoying SMS messages. And so, here I am, venting out. I decided to write about it. And here I list a few of them. Majority of which are related to Group Messages.
1. Group Greeting messages (GGMs)
These messages usually contain a plain greeting message. Examples are, a Good morning/ Good afternoon/ Good Evening. And through time, it evolves into various species. A descendant of this type is the "Magandang Dapithapon", "Magandang Hating Gabi", "Magandang takipsilim". These messages seem ok. If and only if, it wasn't so repetative and so plain. AND if it wasn't a group message. Expect these messages frequenting like your service provider's ads and stuff. Why do they have to be like an alarm clock? Well, it is kinda well. You get an instant alarm clock.
2. Crammed up Group Message
These is probably the most annoying thing ever. The most elaborate of Group messages. These messages usually contain a crammed up reply to several people. An example will follow:
" Gud Mowning Senyo! Sawakas, Unli na q.
(insert name here): hehe! miss you nah!
(insert another name): asan na po notebook q? Kelangan ko na! now na!
(and yet another name): kelan po ba exam natin?
(insert a collective name. ex. batchmates, blocmates, classmates, etc): Wui! paano po ung chuva natin bukas?
(insert a collective name for the rest of the people, ex: at sa iba pang tao): God bless po! innnngatz!"
That is a typical Crammed up Group message. The annoying part in this text messages is that it shows how blatantly lazy the sender is. And it is, in fact, annoying! What do we care about your conversation with this person or people? You don't need to tell that to us. God damn it bastard, be considerate. If you're doing the whoopie by text and using this type of group message, God! no. Please. SMS is not a forum. We don't need to know what you are saying to these people. Besides from the fact that you are a lazy bastard, you are inconsiderate. So, Inconsiderate selfish bastards, please. XD.
PS: I am not targeting or attacking an individual. I am merely saying that it is annoying (the act and not the person)
3. Repeating messages.
This is rather tolerable. Since the network often gets messed up. But. It if happens more than once, it isn't anymore. I mean. Oversending is.... annoying. Getting the same messages 3 to (let's say) 169 times just aint right. Can't you just send it once! Damn it. Just once! I ain't blind! I'll reply if you want me to. I won't if I receive it over and over again.
>_< bah.
4. Repeating Useless replies.
This is a more "evolved" form of #3. It's oversending a very useless reply. Such useless replies follow:
-"..."
-"c:" (any single smiley. Just a smiley, for that matter)
-(blank message)
-"Ok!" "Yes" or "No" (other variants include, yeah, Yup, Nuh, nope, or any other reaction.)
Of course, there is a reason, one doesn't reply so don't Oversend it! Oversending such replies is.... mindnumbingly nerve bending. Expect no replies. or a very pissed reply.
5. Quote Group Sending.
This involves mass sending of stupidly amusing, annoyingly emo, pathetically religious, or any other types of quote messages. It CAN be amusing but it also CAN be annoying. Simple as that.
6. Announcement Messages.
This falls under group messaging. It usually contains totally irrelevant and utterly useless announcements. Such announcements include announcing one's start of the "unlimited" messaging services. Announcing his or her accomplishment of ingesting nutrition. Announcing such things as "Break na kami! Yehey!" or... "Woot single again." and of course other irrelevant things.
7. You Win messages.
These include, typical Congratulations You win a yada-yada-yada on our -blah-blah-blah contest! my name is this-and-that and I represent the who-the-hell-cares. The proper way to respond to these kinds of fraud messages is this. "Burn in hell, bastard. Burn." or any other similar message. If you have suggestions, feel free to reply to this post. XD. And I will personally credit you.
So far this is it.. Gah... big load off my chest.